Terms of Service
DG Freelancer’s Terms of Service
Last Update: February 2, 2022
Welcome to DGFreelancer.com.
The following terms of service (these “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of the DG Freelancer website and mobile application, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.DGFreelancer.com or the DG Freelancer mobile application (the “Site”), which is owned by DG Self-Publishing LLC (8805 W. Van Buren St., Unit 184, Tolleson, AZ 85353). DG Freelancer is referred hereto as “DG Freelancer” “we” or “us” and “you” or “user” means you as a user of the Site.
This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age and of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are under 18 and at least 13 years of age, you are only permitted to use the Site through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to use the Site or the DG Freelancer services. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site
Our Customer Support team is available Monday – Friday, with the exception of national holidays, if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by sending an email to email@example.com.
The original language of these Terms of Service, as well as all other texts throughout the Site, is English. DG Freelancer makes this translation available for convenience only. In case of conflicts between the original English version and any translation, the English version shall prevail.
Buyers are users who purchase services on DG Freelancer.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a Seller can create in response to specific requirements of a Buyer.
Custom Orders are requests made by a Buyer to receive a Custom Offer from a Seller.
Jobs are services offered on DG Freelancer.
Job Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Job for an additional price defined by the Seller.
Job Packages allow DG Freelancer to offer services in different formats and prices. Packages can include upgrades, which lets DG Freelancer customize their packages.
Job Page is where the Seller can describe their Job and the Job’s terms, and the Buyer can purchase the Job and create an order.
Order Page is where Buyers and DG Freelancer communicate with each other in connection with an ordered Job.
Orders are the formal agreements between a Buyer and Seller after a purchase was made from the Seller’s Job Page.
DG Freelancer are users who offer and perform services through Jobs on DG Freelancer.
Overview (Summary of Terms)
- Only registered users may buy and sell on DG Freelancer. DG Freelancer is a private a community. Buyer registration is “invitation only,” meaning buyer registration is not open to the public. Buyer registration is only open to invited clients and customers of DG Self-Publishing, which includes students of DG Self Publishing’s Kids Book Accelerator Program. Registration is free for DG Freelancer, but requires the completion of an application. Seller applications may or may not be approved. Approval of applications is at the discretion of our administrative team, based on whether or not we believe a Seller is a good fit for our private community. Only approved DG Freelancer may sell on our Site. DG Freelancer whose applications are not approved may lose access to our Site. In registering for an account, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete and updated information and must not create an account for fraudulent or misleading purposes. You are solely responsible for any activity on your account and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. We are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your account.
- Jobs on DG Freelancer may be offered at any price. The price is determined by the Seller.
- Buyers pay DG Freelancer in advance to create an order (see Payment Terms).
- Orders are purchased through the BUY NOW button found on a Seller’s Job page or through a Custom Offer.
- For fees and payments please read the Payment Terms
- DG Freelancer must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Canceling orders will affect DG Freelancer’s reputation and status. DG Freelancer who develop a poor reputation may be removed from our Site.
- DG Freelancer gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance and reputation. Advanced levels provide their owners with benefits, including offering services for higher prices through Job Extras, or selling their Job in multiples.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through DG Freelancer.com.
- When purchasing a Job, Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the Seller on their Job page. Note: some Jobs charge additional payments (through Job Extras) for Commercial Use License or Exclusive Use Rights. See our “Ownership” and “Commercial Use License” sections below for more information.
- DG Freelancer retains the right to use all published delivered works for DG Freelancer marketing and promotion purposes.
- Users undertake to comply with DG Freelancer’s Community Standards, which are a set of behavior rules and guidelines, applicable to the DG Freelancer community and marketplace in addition to these Terms of Service, as updated from time to time.
- DG Freelancer offers its buyers access to educational content that guides them through the self-publishing process. Buyers are expected to complete the video lesson entitled “HIRING & COMMUNICATING WITH FREELANCERS” prior to posting a request and prior to posting a job.
- Sellers create Jobs on DG Freelancer to allow buyers to purchase their services.
- Sellers may also offer Custom Offers to buyers in addition to their Jobs.
- Each order you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 90% of the purchase amount.
- DG Freelancer accredits Sellers once an order is completed. See our “Orders” section below for a definition of a completed order.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer’s Shopping Balance.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as completed.
- Sellers may not promote their Jobs or any DG Freelancer content via the AdWords platform.
- Sellers may withdraw their revenues using one of DG Freelancer’s withdrawal options.
- The Seller’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by buyers. High ratings allow Sellers to obtain advanced seller levels (see Levels below).
- In the event of security concerns, DG Freelancer may temporarily disable a Seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by buyers, or associating multiple DG Freelancer accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- In the event of a dispute with a Buyer, if our administrative team determines that the Seller delivered late work or behaved in a manner that was rude, disrespectful, or unprofessional, the Buyer may be issued a discount of up to 10% that will be deducted from the Seller’s payment. It will be at the discretion of the administrative team to determine what constitutes unprofessional behavior.
- Buyers/authors purchase products and services from sellers/freelancers on our website.
- As a referral fee, DG Freelancer receives 10% of all purchases made through our website.
- Freelancers in our community are not permitted to sell to our buyers or communicate with our buyers outside of the DG Freelancer community. All sales must be conducted through the DG Freelancer system.
- Buyers are required to submit their payment when they first place an order for a job. The money will be held by DG Freelancer until the job is completed.
- As a seller, when you deliver the work required for a job, you will need to mark the work as Delivered. The buyer will then have up to 4 days (96 hours) to mark the job as Completed or submit a revision request.
- If the buyer does not submit a revision request within 4 days (96 hours), the job will automatically be marked as completed.
- Revenues are made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as completed.
- If you choose to purchase a job from another freelancer using your Seller’s balance (i.e. out of your earned revenues), you will not be charged a processing fee.
- Jobs created on DG Freelancer are User Generated Content.
- Jobs may be removed by DG Freelancer for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement, and violation of a third party’s terms of service.
- Adult-oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of Jobs
- Spam, Nonsense, or Violent Jobs
- Jobs misleading to buyers
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Jobs that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the suspension of the Seller’s account.
- Jobs that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Jobs may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- Jobs may include pre-approved website URLs contained within the Job description and requirements box. Jobs containing websites promoting content, which violate DG Freelancer’s Terms of Service, will be removed.
- Jobs are required to have an appropriate Job image related to the service offered. An option to upload four additional Job images is available to all Sellers.
- Jobs may contain an approved Job Video uploaded through the Job management tools available on DG Freelancer.
- Statements on the Job Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service are prohibited.
- Eligible Jobs in select Categories may set up Job Packages to offer their services in structured formats with multiple price points for the selected Job.
- Job Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Job for an additional price defined by the Seller.
- Job Extras may be removed for violations of our Terms of Service. For specific terms, please see the Jobs section above for a list of services that violate our Terms of Service. Jobs are subject to be removed due to violations found in Job
- The amount of Job Extras, which can be offered, and the price for each Job Extra, is based on your Seller Level.
- Services offered through Job Extras must be related to the base service and part of the deliverables on the order.
- Job Extras may cover different categories of services that are components to a higher quality delivered service.
- Sellers have the option to extend the duration of an order for each Job Extra that is added to the order. This is to cover the time needed to complete the extra service.
Top Rated Sellers
- Top Rated Sellers are chosen manually by DG Freelancer editors through an ongoing review process based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high ratings, exceptional customer care, punctuality, high order completion rate and community leadership. Top Rated Sellers gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.
- Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by DG Freelancer to ensure that the quality standards and expectations of the Top Rated selection are kept. Top Rated Sellers who cannot maintain their high-quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, increase cancellation rate, or violate our Terms of Service, risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.
DG Freelancer Sellers have access to several exclusive features that help customize the way their services can be offered.
- Sellers can also send Custom Offers addressing specific requirements of a buyer.
- Custom Offers are defined by the Seller with the exact description of the service, the price and the time expected to deliver the service.
- Custom Offers are sent from the conversation page.
- Services provided through Custom Offers may not violate DG Freelancer’s Terms of Service.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of DG Freelancer’s withdrawal methods.
- Your DG Freelancer profile can be associated with only one account from each DG Freelancer withdrawal method. A withdrawal provider account can be associated with only one DG Freelancer user.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete.
- To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process.
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to refund or change this process once it has begun.
- The minimum balance required for a withdrawal is $5.00 USD
|Withdraw to your PayPal Account||10% for withdrawal of revenue or credit that’s not associated with a canceled job
5.5% for withdrawal of refunded credit associated with a canceled job
|For a list of PayPal services by country visit PayPal.com|
* Additional fees may apply based on your location and currency.
- You may not offer direct payments to Sellers using payment systems outside of the DG Freelancer Order system.
- DG Freelancer retains the right to use all publicly published delivered works for DG Freelancer marketing and promotional purposes.
- Buyers pay DG Freelancer to create an order from a Seller’s Job page or Custom Offer, using the BUY NOW button.
- In addition, buyers can request a Custom Order which addresses specific buyer requirements, and receive a Custom Offer from Sellers through the site or through DG Freelancer
- Jobs may be purchased using one of the following payment methods: Credit Card, PayPal or DG Freelancer. Credit card payments are made via PayPal.
- Processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. As of February 2022, the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are 5% on all purchases. When purchasing from your current balance (your shopping balance resulting from any credit received), you will not be charged a processing fee. Funds returned to your balance from canceled orders will not include processing fees paid.
- If you have funds in your account balance, either from your Shopping or available Revenue balance, it will be automatically applied to your next purchase.
- You may not offer Sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the DG Freelancer.com site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique order number.
- Sellers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Job.
- Using the Deliver Work button may not be abused by Sellers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the Seller’s rating and result in a warning to Seller.
- An order is marked as complete after the order is marked as Delivered and then rated by a buyer. An order will be automatically marked as complete if not rated and no request for revision was submitted within 4 days after marked as Delivered.
- We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts among themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact DG Freelancer’s Customer Support department for assistance at email@example.com
- When a buyer orders a Job, the Seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Sellers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Jobs. Failing to do so will allow the buyer to cancel the order when an order is marked as late and may harm the Seller’s status.
- Sellers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the order as Delivered.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. DG Freelancer will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- A Seller may cancel an order without the buyer’s consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation). However, this will have a negative effect on the Seller’s status.
- Buyers may use the “Request Revisions” feature located on the Order page while an order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the Seller’s description on their Job page or they do not match the requirements sent to the Seller at the beginning of the order process.
- Feedback reviews provided by buyers while completing an order are an essential part of DG Freelancer’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the buyer’s overall experience with the Sellers and their services. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the Seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Seller.
- Leaving a buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the DG Freelancer platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Seller ratings, or to abuse the DG Freelancer platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by buyers are publicly displayed on a Seller’s Job. Buyers have the option not to include a comment, but still rate the service. Cancellation of an order does not remove feedback unless mutually agreed.
- Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a buyer in a delivery message. Work Samples are added to a Seller’s Live Portfolio on their Job page if the buyer chooses to publish the Work Sample while providing a public feedback review.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Job’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the buyer has four days to respond and post a review. If no response is provided within the response period, the order will be considered completed.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 30 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 30 days.
- Sellers may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their buyers through mutual cancellations.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts among themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact DG Freelancer’s Customer Support department for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Order cancellations can be performed on DG Freelancer, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily disabled to investigate possible security violations. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event that a buyer or Seller encounters an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.
- DG Freelancer reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Job and the delivery may not be used if payment is canceled for any reason.
- If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer’s shopping balance.
- Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Job and customer care. Sellers may determine the number of revisions offered to buyers, including no revisions.
- Requests for revisions can be performed through the Order page while the order is marked as Delivered.
- Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.
- DG Freelancer encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
- Eligibility for requests to DG Freelancer to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the DG Freelancer delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
- Completed orders may be canceled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 7 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Job. Buyers may rate their experience with the Seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- Buyers must use DG Freelancer Resolution Center to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Seller prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the buyers failed to inform their Seller of issues related to the Seller’s service and will allow Sellers to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of DG Freelancer.
- Any non-permitted usage of DG Freelancer encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being canceled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations to DG Freelancer’s Terms of Service.
- DG Freelancer Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Active orders (after the buyer submits their requirements and before the Seller delivers on DG Freelancer)
- The Seller is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours while the order is marked as Late.
- Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
- Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of the Buyer requirements or the Seller’s delivery.
- The user is no longer an active DG Freelancer user due to Terms of Service violations or the closure of their account.
- Active orders (after the buyer submits their requirements and before the Seller delivers on DG Freelancer)
Note: Multiple reported offenses will result in permanent suspension of your account.
- The Seller delivers no files and/or proof of work related to the agreed-upon order requirements.
- Note: The subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
- The Seller requests additional payments, on or off the DG Freelancer platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
- The Seller is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
- Buyers who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements.
- Buyers who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Seller not related to the agreed requirements.
- Completed Orders (after the order is marked as complete and before the 14-day limitation)
- Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
- Buyers who did not purchase commercial use rights and are reported to have used the materials commercially.
- Note: Terms of Commercial use is found on the Seller’s Job page and cannot be retroactively included once the order is completed for over 14 days.
- DG Freelancer Customer Support will review cases of Order delivery manipulation that prevents buyers and Sellers from fully utilizing our Resolution Center that enabled the order to be marked as complete.
- DG Freelancer does not automatically refund payments made for canceled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on DG Freelancer. Funds returned to your balance from canceled orders will not include processing fees paid.
- Deposit refunds (withdrawals), when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will not be refunded along with your deposit.
User Conduct And Protection
DG Freelancer enables people around the world to create, share, sell and purchase nearly any service they need to assist in self-publishing children’s books. Services offered on DG Freelancer reflect the diversity of an expanding Job economy. Members of the DG Freelancer community communicate can engage through orders, social media, and on DG Freelancer’s Community Forums.
DG Freelancer maintains a friendly, community-spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of DG Freelancer. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on DG Freelancer.
To report a violation of our Terms of Service, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Support team at email@example.com.
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of DG Freelancer in order to circumvent or abuse the DG Freelancer messaging system or DG Freelancer platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.
- DG Freelancer does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the order page.
- DG Freelancer does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the DG Freelancer platform.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on DG Freelancer’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages sent to users will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- The DG Freelancer marketplace is a place of excellence, kindness, and mutual respect. Discrimination against a community member based on gender, nationality, age, religious affiliation, sexual preference or otherwise is not acceptable and may result in the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users with the intention to defame competing Sellers by ordering from competing services will have their reviews removed or further account status-related actions determined by review by our Trust & Safety team.
- Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Buyers or Sellers to pursue removing/modifying reviews or canceling orders that do not align on Order Cancellation or Feedback policies.
- DG Freelancer reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Seller’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, DG Freelancer will return parts or full revenue back to Sellers.
- Users may report Jobs to Customer Support that may be in violation of DG Freelancer’s Terms of Service based on the reported Job’s replicated similarity to pre-existing services (copycat Jobs).
- DG Freelancer will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing Seller statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography – DG Freelancer does not allow any exchange of adult-oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on DG Freelancer should be friendly, constructive, and professional. DG Freelancer condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – DG Freelancer takes the matter of its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our member’s privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Sellers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of DG Freelancer will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Intellectual Property Claims – DG Freelancer will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement, and/or violation of third party’s terms of service.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use DG Freelancer for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the DG Freelancer community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to DG Freelancer’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on DG Freelancer. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell DG Freelancer accounts.
- DG Freelancer reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these terms of service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of DG Freelancer’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on DG Freelancer.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to DG Freelancer’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled using DG Freelancer Customer Support.
- DG Freelancer may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, DG Freelancer will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use DG Freelancer after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, DG Freelancer will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User-Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to DG Freelancer by our users (Buyers and Sellers) is User Generated Content. DG Freelancer does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, DG Freelancer is not responsible for the content or quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We require Sellers to go through an application process that helps with repelling unqualified freelancers and granting admission to freelancers who are qualified to produce high-quality work. However, we provide no warranty with respect to the Jobs, their delivery, and any communications between Buyers and Sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Jobs service offers.
By offering a service, the Seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service that is offered on DG Freelancer. Sellers advertising their Job online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in the removal of the Job and may lead to the suspension of Seller’s account.
Note that it is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Ownership and limitations: Unless clearly stated otherwise on the Seller’s Job page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the Seller, and the Seller waives any and all moral rights therein. The delivered work shall be considered work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. In the event the delivered work does not meet the requirements of work-for-hire or when US Copyright Act does not apply, the Seller expressly agrees to assign to buyer the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Job and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered work shall be the exclusive property of buyer, and Seller assigns all rights, title and interest in the delivered work. Jobs include the Commercial Use License. Furthermore, users (both buyers and Sellers) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to DG Freelancer, including Job texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by DG Freelancer for no consideration for marketing and/or other purposes.
Commercial Use License
The Sellers grants you a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased delivery for Permitted Commercial Purposes. All buyers who purchase artwork from sellers on DG Freelancer will automatically be granted Exclusive Use RIghts unless the Seller explicitly communicates otherwise in writing on the job page, prior to the job being purchased by the buyer. All intellectual property rights of the purchased delivery are hereby assigned to you. “Permitted Commercial Purposes” means any business-related use, such as (by way of example) advertising, promotion, creating web pages, integration into product, software or other business-related tools etc., and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose. This License is subject to DG Freelancer’s Terms of Service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Sellers nor DG Freelancer will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery or your use of the delivery.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER DG FREELANCER NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH DG FREELANCER MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
THIS SERVICE MAY CONTAIN TRANSLATIONS POWERED BY GOOGLE. GOOGLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE TRANSLATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
The Site has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the website, and are provided “as is”. No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.
The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL DG Freelancer, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
© DG Self-Publishing 2022